A faculty member has donated 6 new books to the DMK library from SE-YA Book Fest along with some of author Brooks Benjamin's book recommendations:
- Ghost by Jason Reynolds - Ghost, a naturally talented runner and troublemaker, is recruited for an elite middle school track team. He must stay on track, literally and figuratively, to reach his full potential.
- Strong Inside: The True Story of how Perry Wallace Broke College Basketball's Color Line by Andrew Maraniss - the true story of the first African American to play major college basketball in the Deep South - a powerful and often overlooked moment in black history
- Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli (soon to be a movie) - Sixteen-year-old, not-so-openly-gay Simon Spier is blackmailed into playing wingman for his classmate or else his sexual identity--and that of his pen pal--will be revealed.
- The Seventh Wish by Kate Messner - Unsure of how to get her family's attention, Charlie comes across the surprise of her life one day while ice-fishing...in the form of a floppy, scaly fish offering to grant her a wish in exchange for its freedom.
- Paper Wishes by Lois Sepahban - Near the start of World War II, young Manami, her parents, and Grandfather are evacuated from their home and sent to Manzanar, an ugly, dreary internment camp in the desert for Japanese-American citizens.
- Wanted: Dead or in Love by Kyn Brunner - Teens Monroe and Jack are possessed by the spirits of the outlaw lovers, Bonnie and Clyde.